Colombia is also known as Republic of Colombia. The country is situated in northwestern South America. Colombia is 27th largest country in the whole world and in aspect to population it is the second largest after Mexico. Colombia produces coffee, flowers, emeralds, coal and oil.
Colombia is the only country which coasts on the Pacific and Caribbean. It is a marvelously beautiful country with Andes, beaches, colonial cities and archaeological treasures which are major tourist attractions.
Major Tourists Attractions Are:
- Cartagena: Cartagena is a large Caribbean beach resort city and is often known as fairy-tale city where famous tourists’ destinations are natural scenery, spectacular grand architecture, exotic smells and flavors, lively cultures and legendary history. It is often said that Cartagena has a store for everyone whether it’s their streets, cafes, World Heritage Listed historical center, glowing white sand and crystal clear waters of neighbouring islands.
- Bogotá: Bogotá offers the tourists a wide variety of arts and culture, excruciating nightlife and also exciting shopping opportunities. The city is heart of Colombia and also has many art galleries and fabulous museums and cafes.
- Cali: It isthe third largest cityof Colombia and is also the center of sugar and coffee industry. Here also nightlife awesome and the adjoining areas can be visited and enjoyed the major attractions are Augustine and Tierradentro as the prime archaeological sites.
- The Coffee Zone: This is country’s most picturesque and relaxing countryside. You can know about everything about coffee production and also world’s famous coffee growers as well. Bird watching, horse riding, hot springs, butterfly reserve are amazing to do activities. This zone has world’s tallest palm trees.
- Tayrona National Park & the Lost City: Tayrona National Park covers 15,000 hectares of equatorial rainforest and has a diverse biological diversity and also various archeological treasures. It is also known as “The Lost City” which has some 1200 year old archeological sites, ecotourism and the beach making this one of the best places to visit in Colombia.
- The Amazon: Amazon Jungle which is world famous and is the greatest gift of Mother Nature. Tourists can see wide variety of flora and fauna, mystical pink dolphins, 1500 bird species, giant anacondas, jaguars; piranhas are the animal diversity found in the Amazon.
Best Time to visit Colombia
The best time to visit Colombia is from December to March and in July and August as it is the dry season at that time. This is the best time for hiking as well. It is a year –round destination and also must watch once in a life time visit destination.
Originally posted 2012-12-21 20:51:29.