New Orleans is located in Louisiana and is the largest city of Louisiana. The city was named after Orléans which is a city located on the Loire River in France and is famous for its district French Creole architecture and also its cross-cultural and multilingual heritage. New Orleans is well-known for its cuisine, music and also its yearly festival Mardi Gras. New Orleans is often referred to as the most unique city in America.
Tourist Attraction in New Orleans
New Orleans has something or other for each and every traveler. The city is surrounded by marshland and picturesque bayous and has many festivals round the year.
The tourists can visit nearby plantations, do a cruise in Mississippi on the steam boat or can visit museums and legendary historic sites. Here are few sites which the tourists can pay a visit to.
- Steamboat Natchez River Cruise: With the help of steamboat Natchez River Cruise one can enjoy three attractions in one which are New Orleans food, music and also awesome scenic cruise down the Mississippi. As the Natchez is steamboat, the tourists can hear beautiful tones of its calliope and as the boat approaches the French Quarter one can hear the sounds of the river. A day time cruise is better than night one and the cruise which features the Dukes of Dixieland is an added advantage.
- Tours by Isabelle: Tours by Isabelle is basically an oldest traditional family run business. The tourists fall in love with Louisiana. The tour has several knowledgeable guides who facilitate the travelers and help them know more on Louisiana.
- Cemetery & Voodoo Tour: This tour takes the tourists deep inside St. Louis Cemetery #1 where many residents of New Orleans were buried. The Voodoo Queen of New Orleans was also buried in this famous cemetery.
- Musée Conti Wax Museum: A visit to the Museum is fun, entertaining and educating as well. The Conti Wax Museum was established in 1963. The Museum has some 154 life-sized figures exhibited.
- Laura: A Creole Plantation Tour: This tour exhibits the life- story of the people who worked in the Creole Plantation. The tour has been rated as the best history tour in United States and has also been awarded as “Top Travel Attraction in Louisiana” by the Louisiana Travel Promotion Agency.
Best Time to visit New Orleans
The peak season for New Orleans is from February to May. June to September mark the off season whereas October to January are the shoulder seasons.
Originally posted 2013-01-30 02:00:09.