Maharashtra is the state which is in the Western region of India. It is the second most populated state after Uttar Pradesh. It is also the wealthiest state in India which contributes 15% of the country’s industrial output and 13.3% of its GDP.
Maharashtra is one of the frequently visited states by foreign tourists in India. Aurangabad was recently declared as Tourism Capital of Maharashtra.
Here are few places worth visiting in Maharashtra.
- Mumbai: Mumbai is the city which is often referred to as the city which never sleeps. Mumbai is also considered as one of the pulsating, lively and energetic city. Mumbai is the capital city of Maharashtra. There are many famous tourist attractions in Maharashtra like Hanging Gardens, Marine Drive, Elephanta Caves, Juhu Beach, Gateway of India, Haji Ali Mosque, and Sanjay Gandhi National Park. There are many guided tours available in Mumbai in the name of Mumbai Darshan.
- Hill Stations: There are plenty of hill stations to pay a visit in Maharashtra like Amboli. Amboli is the hill station which is located in Sahayadri Hills of Western India and is often referred to as “Eco Hot Spots”. Chikhaldara is one of another hill station in Maharashtra and is located in Amravati district. Igatpuri is the hill station in Nashik. Mahabaleshwar is the hill station located in the Western Ghats and has the evergreen forests and it served as the Summer Capital during British Raj. Matheran is the hill station in Raigad district. It is a small hill station in Karjat district. Panchgani in Satra is another favorite tourist attraction.
- Alibag: It is located in Raigad district and is very near to Arabian Sea. It is an awesome place to unwind from stress and enjoy with the family. Alibag is well known for its beaches, historical monuments like forts, temples and stunning beaches.
- Khadakwasla and Panshet Dam: These dams are based in Pune and provide water to the entire city of Pune. You can also observe amazing Singhagad and Peacock Bay which is a famous tourist attraction. Panshet is eminent for its water sports like speed boats, water scooters etc.
- Snake Park: It is located in Pune and was constructed in 1986. The park has a wide variety of reptiles, birds. The special attraction is six-year old nine feet long King Cobra. There are several temples as well near to the park.
- Bhushi Dam: This a famous picnic spot located 5 kilometers from Lonavala. Here is an enchanting waterfall which is one of the most exhilarating tourist spot.
Ideal time to visit Maharashtra
The best suitable time to visit Maharashtra is from October to February.
Originally posted 2013-02-09 01:00:48.