Vancouver is a coastal seaport city and is located in Canada. Vancouver is the eight largest Canadian cities. Vancouver is very lively and energetic city.
Vancouver is famous for sight-seeing and has multiple numbers of tourist attractions. Greater Vancouver is bliss for kids as there are numerous outdoor and indoor activities for kids to enjoy throughout the year. Vancouver has a large playground for the children. Collaborative museums, fun filled festivals and marvelous parks.
Here are few famous tourist spots in Vancouver which are as follows:
- Vancouver Chinatown: Vancouver’s Chinatown is the largest in Canada and in North America as well. Dr. Sun-Yat-Sen Chinese Garden and Park are one of the chief tourist attractions. Vancouver has history of many Chinese immigrants.
- Gastown: Gastown is an area where Vancouver was founded in 1867. It is presently situated in the east of the main downtown area near to Chinatown.
- Granville Island: The Island was developed in 1979 from industrial wasteland under Granville Bridge. The Island can be reached by car, bus, bike or a boat from any part of the city. Granville Island is very busy island. The tourists can enjoy free entertainment in the waterfront courtyard and also the yummy fudge and donuts. Houseboats are also amazing tourist attraction. The kids would love this place because of the water park which remains open throughout the summers.
- Kitsilano Beach: The Beach is full of soft gold sand. It is just ten minutes from the heart of downtown Vancouver. This is again one of the favorite picnic spots for the kids.
- Robson Street: This is another exhilarating spot with an international essence and also abundance of shopping opportunities. Robson Street is Vancouver’s full of activity road. The street was named after John Robson. The Street is also often referred to as fashion mecca of Vancouver. The Robson Street is filled with abundant hotels, restaurants and cafes.
- Vancouver Public Library: Vancouver Public Library is also thought to resemble Rome’s Colosseum. The Library covers an area of 7000 square meters in area and has a collection of 1.5 million books, periodicals and also other reference materials. This is the best place for the book lovers.
- Museum of Anthropology: The Museum is dedicated to the culture of the aboriginals of the Pacific Northwest particularly of Haida. It is one of the most interesting museums in Vancouver. There are numerous exhibits in the museum like First Nations of Coastal British Columbia and some 6000 other objects to have a look at.
Best suitable time to visit Vancouver
Vancouver has its peak season from June to August and low season from September to March whereas the shoulder season is from April to May.
Originally posted 2013-02-20 01:11:14.