Cape Town is in South Africa and is the second-most populous city in South Africa after Johannesburg. The city is famous for its harbor and its natural beauty specially flowers. Cape Town famous landmarks include Table Mountain and Cape Point. Cape Town also contributes towards its tourist attraction.
Here are few tourist attractions in Cape Town:
- The Castel of Good Hope: It is one of the oldest buildings in South Africa. The Castle of Good Hope once was a fort but in present scenario it is the showcase of the Cape’s early days. The Castel of Good Hope was built by Jan van Riebeeck and the Dutch East India Company and was completed in 1679. The building too has a museum.
- Cape Point: It is located at the southwestern tip of Africa, in the Cape of Good Hope section of the Table Mountain National Park. Cape Point has been able to attract the travelers for many centuries with the help of its beautiful scenery and also its fascinating history. The place has sandy beaches, valleys and mountains for hikers, surfers, anglers and cyclists. The Flying Dutchman Funicular transport is available for those who would not to trek. On the top of the Cape is a lighthouse and Two Oceans Restaurant from where the tourist can enjoy False Bay.
- Chapman’s Peak Drive: Chapman’s Drive winds its way between Noordhoek and Hout Bay. Chapman’s Peak is located on the Atlantic Coast, at the south-western tip of South Africa; it is one of the remarkable drives in the world. Along the way the tourists can stop and enjoy the natural scenery or maybe relish a small relaxing picnic.
- Imhoff Farm: Though there is not much to enjoy in Imhoff Farm which is located in Kommetjie. Imhoff Farm is an impeccable place to sit and relax and unwind from the usual mental stress. The food available here is awesome.
- Boulders Beach Penguin Colony: Boulders Beach Penguin colony is located near to the sea side village of Simons Town. Here the tourists can spot the famous colony of Jackass Penguins, so named because of their hilarious braying call. The place is worth visiting once because of the guided tours available over there. The tourists can enjoy as well Table Mountain National Park and also the Boulders Beach and the warm waters of False Bay.
Best Time to visit Cape Town
The suitable months to visit Cape Town are from late October to March or April as they are often referred to as the best months to visit the beaches.
Originally posted 2013-02-05 01:13:01.