Morocco is officially named as the Kingdom of Morocco which means “The Western Kingdom”. Its political capital is Rabat. The culture of Morocco is mixed blend of Arab, European and other African countries.
Morocco is well known for its food. The Moroccan cuisine is spicy and even has a history behind them. Mint tea is famous preparation of Morocco. Street food like kebabs is awesome in Morocco.
Places to visit in Morocco
Morocco is the country which is rich in nature. The country has a lot to offer to nature lovers like desert, mountains, valleys and sea. The hikers would love walking the Moroccan mountains. Here is a list of places worth visiting in Morocco.
- Marrakech: This is situated at the foot of the Atlas Mountain and is a large city which has a lot of history to reveal. Central Square of Djemma el Fna, the Saadian Tombs, Marjorelle Gardens and the bazaars are worth paying visit. Riad is also very fascinating city to visit in Marrakech.
- Fes (Fez): This is the medieval city of the Arab world. The city has highlights like the Merenid tombs, the Royal Palace and the Jewish Quarter. Once Fes was also the capital of Morocco and is still regarded as religious and cultural center of the country.
- Essaouira: Essaouria is a place which is away from hustle and bustle of big cities. Places worth visiting here include wandering through the town’s striking narrow streets which have red and blue painted houses, the embankments, and beach. The tourist can also enjoy the traditional music of Gnawas.
- Chefchaouen: This is situated in the Rif Mountains and is a small town in a big landscape. Tourists attractions include hiking, swimming, enjoy the beauty of the white houses and also their bright painted doors.
- Merzouga: This is a desert town which is very close to Erg Chebbi sand dunes which is also Morocco’s largest dune. Camel treks are very famous tourist adventure over here. The landscape of Merzouga is classic representation of Sahara desert.
- Meknes: It also an imperial city and has similar charms like that of Marrakech and Fes. The city was built by Moulay Ismail in 17th century and is a classic example of city depicting Moroccan architecture.
- Dades Valley: The valley is in between the Jebel Sarhro and the High Atlas Mountains and the tourists can see spectacular scenery. The deep red cliffs are very awesome to look at.
The country has now a tag line associated with it which is “The country that travels within you” as an advertising campaign and is an awesome experience to visit Morocco once.
Originally posted 2013-01-26 20:34:30.