San Francisco is also named as City and Country of San Francisco, is one of the prominent financial and cultural center of Northern California and also San Francisco Bay Area.
San Francisco is very densely populated city of California.
San Francisco the ”City by the bay” has very distinguishing topography- there is water on one side and hills on another side which gives this city a remarkable view. The city has varied assortment of tourist attractions, activities and also personality-infused neighborhoods appeal to the tourist of all ages.
What to do in San Francisco?
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art: This is the first Museum on the West Coast of its kind and claims more than 26,000 works and holds fast to its mission of showcasing both reputable and amateur artists. It’s a vibrant building which features an elevated tower, a focal point of the South of Market neighborhood. This is basically a non-profit organization. SFMOMA is devoted to make art a vibrant and eloquent part of public life and are devoted to nurture creativeness and new ways of seeing the world.
- California Academy of Sciences: The California Academy of Sciences is a multidimensional scientific institution which is devoted to leading-edge exploration and also discovering novel and transformed ways to engross the common man. The tourists can find natural history museum, planetarium, rain forest dome and also an aquarium under one eco-roof. The California Academy of Sciences was renovated after Loma Prieta earthquake and was opened in 2008 as “the greenest museum on the planet”. The Academy mission is to protect the natural world.
- A ride on Cable Cars: The best way to travel in San Francisco is on cable cars. This the historic means of transport which is relied upon by many tourists and also the local people residing over there. It is one of the major tourist attractions in San Francisco.
- A Cruise of the Bay: There are numerous bay cruises which offer a unique perception on the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Sausalito and the city skyline as well. Rocket Boat is also one of the adventure sports for the tourists along with the sightseeing.
- Alctraz: Alcatraz is also known as “the Rock” and was an island a home of some of the nation’s most notorious offenders. Now, the tourists can visit and roam about this island freely. It is one of the most beautiful places to visit in San Francisco.
Best time to visit San Francisco
May to October is considered as the best time to pay a visit to San Francisco as it is summer season over there. November to April is considered as shoulder seasons.
Originally posted 2013-01-20 19:10:48.